Wednesday, July 14, 2010

growing up...

It feels so weird here right now. Tonight, for the first time, Holland is spending the night with Gram and Grandpa. Twice before she thought she want to spend the night, but as it came close to bedtime got super sad and started crying as she missed me (and Joe) so much. But, part of the reason she said she wanted the infamous dolphin pillow pet was so she could take it to spend the night at Gram's. And I guess it is working! It is now 9:20 and after the long day she has had, I imagine she is now sleeping. I know it is good for her to be growing up, but honestly- I miss her right now! I hope she has a fantastic time and I look forward to picking her up in the morning. (and then we will go pick raspberries! fun!!!)

I really thought today was going to be the day Talin starts crawling. He is soo soo close! I don't recall Holland being on the verge of crawling for a long time. But, then again- we had all hardwood floors, so she could just slide everywhere... Talin is going to have to learn the hard way! He gets into position and just rocks and reaches with his arms. I bet Joe's brother tonight that he would be crawling within a week at the latest. I guess we will see...

2 comments:

  1. My little one just suddenly start crawling this week. It's such a different world when that happens. I was so not ready, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Holland has a great visit! It's weird when Alexander spends the night somewhere else. Very, very weird! I almost don't know what to do with myself.

    Raspberry picking?!?! Who has raspberries? I was thinking about going way up north, but that may just be wishful thinking :)

    ReplyDelete